Foxcroft School is an all-girls boarding and day school for grades 9-12 and postgrad in Northern Virginia. Since 1914, Foxcroft has been preparing young women for success in college and in life.
How We Obtain Your Personal Data
As a school, we regularly collect personal data from:
What Information Do We Collect?
- Students, their parents, and other educational institutions, in the course of the admissions process, including inquiries, applications, assisting with I-20 applications and financial applications;
- Each student’s enrollment contract and forms;
- Event registrations you complete;
- Engagement by you with the School, including email and phone communications;
- Interactions with our Sites, including our website (oqqwj2dl.royalswordsfencing.com), our online services, and our social media accounts; and
- You when you make a payment on a student account or make a donation to Foxcroft School; and
- Other publicly available information.
The personal information we collect and process may include:
How We Use Your Information
- Your biographical information such as name, employer, title, race/ethnicity, educational history, reference information, and family relationships to another person or the School;
- Your contact information, such as mailing and physical addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses;
- Health information for enrolled students only;
- Financial information, such as bank account information, credit card numbers, and billing address, as well as payment history information regarding application fees, gifts, or pledges to the school. Financial information is processed only through third-party PCI compliant sites;
- Technical information, such as your IP address and information from your visits to our websites or portals;
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including access accommodations and dietary requirements;
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected by us as part of our inquiry and acceptance processes;
- Details of your visits to our offices or off campus visits; and
- Any other personal information that you share with us.
Whether we receive your personal data directly from you or from a third party source, we will only use your personal data in connection with our professional activities (“Permitted Uses”). Examples of Permitted Uses include:
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
- Communication with individual parents and guardians about their child’s application, enrollment, financial aid, health, academic progress, and any other matters that arise during a student’s tenure at the School;
- Communication with parents, students, alumnae and friends of the School with respect to announcements, events, fundraising and other initiatives for the benefit of the School and its community;
- Distributing surveys, marketing, or educational materials; and
- Gathering information regarding your preferences to improve the quality of our communications and interaction with you, such as through website analytics or the tracking of our client publications.
We share personal information with the following kinds of third parties and in the following situations:
- We share personal information with service providers who assist us in connection with the Permitted Uses, such as the enrollment process, web hosting and analytics, payment processing, communications from the School. Our service providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than the delivery of services to us;
- Certain personal information about students and alumnae is shared in our published directories. To opt-out of inclusion in our directories, see “Managing Communication Preferences / Opt-Out” below;
- We share personal information about students under the age of 18 with only their parents or guardians as designated on the student’s enrollment forms;
- When our students apply to college, other post-secondary schools, or in the event of a transfer, we share personal information in the form of academic records with these other schools at the request of the student or, if under 18, their parent or guardian;
- The School may share personal information (a) to comply with any legal process; (b) to respond to requests from regulators, government or law enforcement authorities; (c) to enforce our contracts, including our online terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations and protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We may share personal information with our insurers and professional advisor for the purposes of managing risks, obtaining professional advice, and exercising or defending against legal claims.
Our Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"), we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without the verifiable consent of a parent or guardian.
Cookies And Related Technologies
Our website (oqqwj2dl.royalswordsfencing.com
Other Websites and Links
Throughout our Sites, we provide links to other sites, including social media accounts, whose information practices may be different from ours. We take no responsibility for information and accuracy contained on other websites.
Information you submit to other sites will be governed by the other sites’ privacy policies and terms. Please carefully review those terms before providing your information.
Social Media Sites
You may post information about yourself and/or your experiences with us through various social media websites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Remember that any information you post will become publicly available, so please use discretion. We are not responsible for the collection, usage, and disclosure policies and practices (including data security) of these sites.
Managing Communication Preferences / Opt-out
Should you choose to do so, you may opt-out of receiving any marketing communications from the School by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any email or by managing your settings in your myFoxcroft Profile. However, we strongly encourage community members to maintain their subscriptions to our email list to ensure they do not miss any important communications.
In myFoxcroft, a user may choose not to publish their profile information, including contact information, by adjusting their directory settings. If you have any questions or concerns about your communication preferences or directory settings, please email
Retaining Your Personal Data
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the Permitted Uses or you request deletion, provided that we are not legally required or otherwise contractually obligated to continue to hold such data. We may retain your personal data for an additional period to the extent deletion would require us to overwrite our automated disaster recovery backup systems or to the extent we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period. If you have any questions about, or would like to request deletion of your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
November 15, 2021